- Jazz Orchestra - Doug Leibinger (MUS 390) - W 6:00-8:40 PM
- Jazz Combo - Ian Carey (MUS 391) Mon 1:00-3:40 PM
- Latin Band - Kendrick Freeman (MUS 379) Thu 1:00-3:40 PM
Placement in all jazz ensembles is through audition.
Jazz ensembles are open to all students, regardless of major.
All jazz majors must audition for a jazz ensemble.
Monday, January 24
11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Download your audition etude (Scroll to the page for your instrument)
- This etude is based on the first 16 bars of "Just Friends" in F major - here is a Youtube play-along
- Bring a play-along with a tune of your choice to improvise on (optional for jazz orchestra). We will also sight-read.
- Be ready to play various styles - i.e. swing, bossa, samba, afro, salsa, jazz waltz, etc.
- Please bring two contrasting tunes to sing w/play-along if possible (you may also use an accompanist.)
Director of Jazz Studies