BM Performance majors are expected to present approximately 50 minutes of music. Recitals should be representative of the repertoire list and academic guidelines set forth by the private lesson instructor.
Senior Recital First Steps
- Register for MUS 491 Senior Recital (3 units)
- Submit Request for Recital form by the last Friday in October.
- Clear recital and dress rehearsal dates with your assisting musicians.
- Make arrangements to secure a collaborative pianist. (Your private instructor can assist you.)
Poster Guidelines and Program Templates
The poster and program must be completed by the recital hearing.
Repertoire must be performed at a Recital Hearing approximately 6 weeks prior to the recital date.
- The Recital Hearing should be scheduled in consultation with the Private Instructor and Program Director.
- Bring two copies each of your music scores, program, and poster proof (see program template and poster guidelines above)
- Be considerate of your collaborative pianist by scheduling rehearsals well in advance.
- Discuss stage presence and performance etiquette with your instructor.
- Choose appropriate attire for a formal performance in your field of study.
- Make approximately 75-100 copies of your program. Two copies of your program must be submitted to the Music Department Office.
- Make approximately 15-25 copies of your poster. Two copies of your poster must be submitted to the Music Department Office.
- A stage crew will be provided at your recital.
- If you choose to hold a post-recital reception, please be respectful of the space and leave it as you found it.
Grading criteria can be found on the Senior Recital Evaluation Form.