Admission to the Department of Music's programs is by Audition Only.
Recorded auditions are required for 2020-2021.
November 7, 2020 (for Spring or Fall 2021 admission)
February 27, 2021 (for Fall 2021 admission)
March 31, 2021 (For Fall 2021 admission)
Please click the links below to submit items for the audition process.
1) Review important information regarding Audition Requirements
2) Complete an Audition Application Form
3) Apply to Sonoma State University
4) Submit your Recorded Audition
5) Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
6) Submit Transcripts from the last two years
7) Music Education (Pre-Certification) students shall also write a One-Paragraph Statement on why they wish to teach
8) Applicants to the Composition Degree Program must submit Two Notated Scores and Recordings of Their Original Work. In addition, applicants must audition on their major instrument or voice.
Schedule a Virtual Visit to the SSU Music Department
Schedule a Virtual Visit to the Sonoma State Music Department. Get a tour of the music facility. Observe a Music Class. Sit in on an ensemble rehearsal. Meet with a Program/Ensemble Director or the Chair of the Department of Music. Take a trial private lesson.