Entrance Audition Information
In order to declare Music as your major, you must successfully complete an entrance audition.
Applicants have the option to audition in one of two ways:
- Perform a live audition on campus (preferred method)
- Submit a video recording
Transfer Applicants for Spring 2023 and Primary Dates for Fall 2023 Admission and Scholarship Consideration
October 29, 2022 (Audition video submission due)
November 5, 2022 (Live audition on campus, Schroeder Hall)
All Applicants for Fall 2023 Admission and Primary Dates for Fall 2023 Admission and Scholarship Consideration
February 18, 2023 (Audition video submission due)
February 25, 2023 (Live audition on campus, Schroeder Hall)
All Applicants for Fall 2023 Admission and Secondary Dates for Fall 2023 Admission (Limited Scholarship Consideration)
March 18, 2023 (Live auditions only, Schroeder Hall)
Please click the links below to submit items for the audition process.
- Apply to Sonoma State University
- Complete an SSU Music Department Audition Application Form
- Review important information regarding Entrance Audition Requirements
- If you are submitting a recorded audition, upload to this link: Recorded Audition. Recorded auditions must be received by February 18, 2023.
- Applicants to the BM Composition Degree Program must schedule an audition on their major instrument or voice and submit Two Notated Scores and Recordings of Their Original Work.
Bachelor of Music In Performance
Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies
Bachelor of Music in Composition*