Prospective Students & Entrance Audition Information
An audition is required for admission to all music degree programs. Live auditions are held on campus at the Green Music Center. Anyone performing an audition on campus is automatically considered for admission to the program and priority consideration for a music scholarship.
We encourage all applicants to register for an on-campus audition. However, students living more than 250 miles from campus may opt to submit a video recorded audition (such as a YouTube link). Video applicants will be considered for admission to the program, but given secondary consideration for a music scholarship.
2023 - 2024 Audition Dates
Saturday November 4, 2023 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM | Spring 2024 Admission
Saturday January 27, 2024 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM | Fall 2024 Admission & Scholarship
Saturday February 17, 2024 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM | Fall 2024 Admission & Scholarship
Saturday March 2, 2024 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM | Fall 2024 Admission only
Please click the links below to submit items for the audition process.
- Complete an SSU Music Department Audition Application Form
- Apply to Sonoma State University
- Review the Entrance Audition Requirements for your instrument or voice.
- Applicants to the BM Composition Degree Program must:
- Audition on their major instrument/voice and
- Upload Two Notated Scores and Recordings of Their Original Work.
- If you opt to submit a recorded audition, upload to this link: Recorded Audition. Recorded auditions must be received by February 17, 2024.
Bachelor of Music In Performance
Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies
Bachelor of Music in Composition*