- Jazz Orchestra - Doug Leibinger (MUS 390) - M 7:45-10 PM
- Jazz Combo - Doug Leibinger (MUS 391) Tue 6:00-8:40 PM
- Latin Band - Kendrick Freeman (MUS 379) Thu 6:00-8:40 PM
Placement in all jazz ensembles is through audition.
Jazz ensembles are open to all students, regardless of major.
All jazz majors must audition for a jazz ensemble.
Monday, August 21
1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
(Please let me know if you absolutely can't make it between 1:00 and 6:00)
- Download your audition etude (Scroll to the page for your instrument)
- This etude is based on "Lady Bird"- here is a Youtube play-along
- Bring a play-along with a tune of your choice to improvise on (optional for jazz orchestra). We will also sight-read.
- Be ready to play various styles - i.e. swing, bossa, samba, afro, salsa, jazz waltz, etc.
- Please bring two contrasting tunes to sing w/play-along if possible (you may also use an accompanist.)