The Department of Music at the Green Music Center is located at the north campus entrance on Rohnert Park Expressway, approximately two miles east of Highway 101.
The crown jewel of the Green Music Center is undoubtedly Joan and Sanford I. Weill Hall, which opened in September 2012. Designed by architect William Rawn, theatre consultant Auerbach Pollock Friedlander, and acoustician Lawrence Kirkegaard, Weill Hall was designed to replicate the intimacy and acoustics of both Vienna’s Musikverein and Tanglewood Music Center’s Ozawa Hall in Lenox, Massachusetts.
Schroeder Hall is a 240-seat recital hall, designed specifically to accentuate instruments, organ and voice in an intimate setting. Named in 2007 by Jean Schulz in honor of her late husband Charles Schulz and his iconic Charlie Brown comic strip, Schroeder Hall opened in August 2014. The primary feature of Schroeder Hall is its organ, the Brombaugh Opus 9, an American instrument built in 1972 and modeled on the Baroque-era organs of northern Germany and The Netherlands. While used for the Music department for classes, rehearsals, recitals, and performances, Schroeder is also used as a classroom by the rest of the 9,000-student University.
GMC 1028 and 1029
Located on the southern end of Music Education Hall, GMC 1028 and 1029 host smaller, more intimate performances and recitals. From the north entrance at Rohnert Park Expressway, proceed past Weill Hall and park in Lot L, across from the entrance to Weill Lawn and Commons. Enter Music Education Hall through the glass doorway at the top of the steps.
Parking for the Green Music Center is available in Lots L, M, N and O.
Evert B. Person Theatre
Built in 1989, Evert B. Person Theatre is a 475-seat proscenium theatre used for the department's Opera and Music Theatre productions. It contains up-to-date sound and lighting systems, a fly system, a motorized orchestra pit, a large and well-equipped scene shop, an excellent costume shop plus a large area for make-up and, in the auditorium proper, excellent sight-lines and acoustics.
Parking for Evert B. Person Theatre is available in Lots E and F.
All concerts are free of charge to SSU students with ID.
Most events require a ticket for admission. Tickets are $12. Certain events are ticketed but free. Seating in Schroeder is General Admission.
For more information, call the Box Office (707) 664-4246 or email tickets.sonoma.edu.
- Go to the University Box Office on the first floor of the SSU Student Center (SSU Campus Map, item 34). Tickets can be purchased in person whenever the Student Center is open (typically 7:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m. Mon-Fri and 9:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m. Sat-Sun, subject to change when school is not in session).
- The Box Office phone lines are open from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Order tickets online. You may either print your ticket at home or pick it up at will-call.
One hour prior to performance
- Purchase tickets at the on-site Box Office facility. On-site box offices are located near the entrance to the Green Music Center (13) and Evert B. Person Theatre (27).
- For more information call the University Box Office at 707-664-4246.