At the end of each semester, music majors are required to perform a juried performance for a faculty panel in order to evaluate their musical progress. The jury consists of approximately 10 minutes of music as assigned by your private instructor.
The faculty panel uses a rubric to evaluate the jury performance. The jury grade counts as 25% of the student’s private lesson grade for the semester. Students in any Bachelor of Music degree program must achieve a minimum score of 75% to pass. The passing score for students in the Bachelor of Arts degree program is 65%. Students who fall below the minimum grade will be placed on probation by the department.
Fall 2022 Jury Date
Wednesday, November 30, 12:00 – 4:00 pm
Jury Form Due in the Music Department Office- October 28
Spring 2023 Jury Date
Wednesday, May 3, 12:00 – 4:00 pm
Jury Form Due in the Music Department Office- March 31
Jury Entry Forms
- Entry Form for Classical Instrumentalists (fillable)
- Please Upload your completed Instrumental Jury Entry Form (linked above) and Sheet Music to our Fall 2022 Instrumental Jury Google Form.
- Entry Form for Voice (fillable)
- Please Upload your completed Voice Jury Entry Form (linked above) and Sheet Music to our Fall 2022 Voice Jury Google Form
- Entry Form for Jazz (fillable)
- Please Upload your completed Jazz Jury Entry Form (linked above) to our Fall 2022 Jazz Jury Google Form
- Please Complete your Composition Jury Entry Google Form
Select the appropriate link for more information on the specific requirements for each field of study.