At the end of each semester, music majors are required to perform a juried performance for a faculty panel in order to evaluate their musical progress. The jury consists of approximately 10 minutes of music as assigned by your private instructor.
The faculty panel uses a rubric to evaluate the jury performance. The jury grade counts as 25% of the student’s private lesson grade for the semester. Students in any Bachelor of Music degree program must achieve a minimum score of 75% to pass. The passing score for students in the bachelor of Arts degree program is 65%. Students who fall below the minimum grade will be placed on probation by the department.
Fall 2021 Jury Date
Wednesday November 17 12:00 – 4:00 pm
Jury Form Due in the Music Department Office- October 29
Spring 2022 Jury Date
Wednesday May 4 12:00 – 4:00 pm
Jury Form Due in the Music Department Office- April 15
Jury Entry Forms
- Entry Form for Classical Instrumentalists fillable
- *For Classical Instrumentalists only:
- Please Upload your completed Jury Entry Form (linked above) and Sheet Music to our Fall 2021 Jury Google Form.
- Entry Form for Voice fillable
- Entry Form for Jazz fillable
- Entry Form for Composition fillable
Select the appropriate link for more information on the specific requirements for each field of study.